Leslie of Aberdeen, Scotland
- Sources yet to be consulted:
mar --- Duncan,
- John Leslie, eldest son,
merchant in Aberdeen,
died Danzig, Poland.
George Leslie, 2nd son,
mar Christian Walker
[sister of Alexander Walker, Provost of Aberdeen 1697-98],
Provost of Aberdeen 1685-87,
he died 1692,
she fl 1694,
- John Leslie, bapt 2 Apr 1654,
magistrate, member of Aberdeen Council,
says he is probably the one who married
The above John Leslie (bapt 1654) might be our John Leslie below,
only then he would be fathering children from age 43 to 69.
Not impossible, but this link perhaps needs a little more evidence:
(city official) of Aberdeen,
"one of the senior magistrates of Aberdeen" [Barbara Yates Gibbon],
mar 1st Mar 1697 [St.Nicholas', Aberdeen, her listed as
to Barbara Ædie
Leslie, Baron of Balquhain
Robert III, King of Scotland and of
- Norman Leslie, bapt 21st Nov 1697 [St.Nicholas', Aberdeen].
- George Leslie, bapt 10th Nov 1700 [St.Nicholas', Aberdeen].
- Katherin Leslie, bapt 18th Dec 1703 [St.Nicholas', Aberdeen].
- David Leslie, bapt 4th Apr 1706 [St.Nicholas', Aberdeen].
- Helen Leslie, bapt 20th June 1708 [St.Nicholas', Aberdeen].
- Margaret Leslie, bapt 28th Feb 1712 [St.Nicholas', Aberdeen].
- Mary Leslie, bapt 5th June 1715 [St.Nicholas', Aberdeen].
NOT the Mary Leslie
who mar Alexander Black and had issue
[see grave, NW area of churchyard (of the graves S of the church), St.Nicholas', Aberdeen],
she is dau of Patrick Leslie and Elizabeth Cruickshank.
- Alexander Leslie, bapt 26th Mar 1718 [St.Nicholas', Aberdeen].
- Elizabeth Leslie, bapt 10th Mar 1723 [St.Nicholas', Aberdeen],
mar 1748 to Alexander Yeats and had issue.
- "Anna" Leslie, is listed by [Barbara Yates Gibbon].
[PORTRAIT of John Leslie, Baillie of Aberdeen, who mar Barbara Ædie]
was in Gibbon family home
in Aberdeen as at 1871.